Monday 1 December 2014

Verbatim 1.75mm ABS filament quick review

A few weeks back i purhcased some of the new 1Kg Verbatim 1.75mm ABS filament form RS components to see what it is like and I have to say I am very very happy with the quality of the filament and the print results.

The filament is made in Japan and comes vacuum packed in plastic then packed in a cardboard box which is great as it protects the filament properly.  Dimensionally the filament I tested was spot on 1.75mm with no variance on the spool I received.  The 005000-812 black filament prints with a nice high gloss at 235Âșc extruder temperature and the supports and raft were nice and easy to remove from the print,   something I have struggled with other generic ABS filaments.

The 53mm spool core diameter is bigger than most so I designed and printed a reducer with a 22mm bore so I could use my standard spool holder on my printer. The .stl file for it be found here 

So all in all I will continue to use the Verbatim ABS.  I have some other colours to trial but if they work as well as the Black, I will not be dissapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment